Courtesy: Dr.Ehab Fathy Gabr Aboueladab (PhD in Biochemistry). Associate Prof.Dr. of Biochemistry, Damietta University, Faculty of Specific Education Damietta, New Damietta City, P.O.Box.34517, Egypt
Body fluids and Instrumentation;
1. Doctor sending a sample requesting for lecithin spingomyelin ratio. What is the sample required? a. Blood. b. CSF c. Amniotic fluid. d. Urine
2. Cytological examination of pleural effusion in a 60 years old man revealed the presence of malignant cells. The most likely primary tumor will be: a. Lymphoma. b. Mesothelioma. c. Cancer colon. d. lung cancer.
3. Regarding Albustix: a. Useless if infected urine. b. Gives red color. c. Not useful if acid is added to urine. d. Depends on acid precipitation of urinary proteins.
4. Red urine is due to? a. INH b. Rifampicin c. Pyrizinamide.
5.Which is not a reducing sugar in urine? a. Glucose. b. Galactose. c. Sucrose. d. Fructose
6. If urine is left for long time which is affected more?
7. Abnormal constituent of urine includes? a. Urea b. Glucose c. Cholesterol. d. Uric acid e. Protein.
8.Calcium in urine stone is present in all of the following except: a. UTI b. Secondary hyperparathyroidism.
9. urine is kept for a long time: a. Becomes black. b. Urea increases. c. Urea decreases. d. Creatinine increases
10. Myoglobinuria is seen in:
11. Difference between ELISA & RIA is ? a. ELISA technique uses an enzyme. b. ELISA is used by bacteriologists while RIA by virologists
12. **Which of the following not seen in chemistry lab? a. Analytic balance. b. Centrifuge c. Spectrophotometer d. Electron microscope, e. Turbidimeter.
13. The washing is must in all heterogenous ELISA techniques because? a. It remove the excess binding b. Increase the specificity c. Increase the sensitivity.
14. The enzyme in ELISA is present in the? a. Conjugate b. Microplate c. Buffer.
15. A standard microplate in an ELISA has? a. 96 wells b. 98 wells c. 92 wells.
16. Five ml of a colored solution has an absorbance of 0.500. The absorbance of 10ml of the same colored solution will be: a. 1.000 b. 0.500 c. 0.250
17. A dichromatic analysis is carried to increase: a. Specificity b. Linearity c. Sensitivity.
Please drop your answers in the comment box below.