1. Regarding excretion of Na+ a. Not dependent on aldosterone. b. Major share of GF osmolarity with associated ions. c. It passively diffuses in proximal tubules. d. In distal tubules it is exchanged for K+ e. Coupled with K+
2.Regarding buffer systems; b. An acid is a substance that releases H+ c. Buffering involves change of strong acid to base.
3.Factors affecting glucose level in blood include: a.Adrenaline b.glucocorticoids c.glucagons d. insulin e. All of the above
4.Glucose level to diagnose hypoglycemia in newborn is.
5. About GTT, which is correct according to WHO recommendations? a. Should not be done in pregnant women, b. Should not be done after giving heavy carbohydrate diet for 3 days. c. Should be done after 4-6 hrs fasting.
6.With age renal threshold for glucose? a. Increased b. Decreased c. Not changed
7. All are inborn error of glycogen metabolism except? a. Essential fructosuria b. Phenyl ketonuria c. Galactosemia d. Glycogen storage disease
8.HBA1c (Glycosylated hemoglobin) is? a. Not present in healthy normal individuals. b. ↑ in prolonged sustained hyperglycemia
9. Xylose test is done to detect the function of: a. Stomach. b. Pancreas. c. Upper small intestine. d. Lower small intestine. e. Large intestine
10. Von Gerke’s disease is caused by deficiency of: a. Glucose 6 phosphatase b. Glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase
11.What happens if sucrose is given parentrally:
12.Which of these is not a ketone body? a. Acetone. b. Acetoacetic acid. c. Butyric acid. d. B-hydroxy butyric acid. e. None of the above.
13.In Gaucher’s disease; a. Glycoprotein is accumulated. b. Glucocerebrosidase is deficient.
14.Bile duct obstruction can be diagnosed by: a. AST b. T. Bilirubin c. Bilirubin in urine d. Ester bilirubin
15.Increased jaundice is diagnosis by a. T. bilirubin b. AST c. ALT d. ALP
16. Marker for intrahepatic obstruction a. Alp b. Alt c. Ast d. GGT
17.Increase in both Alp and 5-nuclonidase confirmed a.bile duct obstruction b.bone disease c. Hepatocellular carcinoma d. Hepatitis
18. In obstructive jaundice, which is absent in urine a. Conjugated bilirubin b. Unconjugated bilirubin c. Urobilinogen d. All of the above
19. In alcoholic liver disease which is markedly elevated a.Alp b.Alt c.GGT d. Ast
20. Abnormal increase in bilirubin in neonates leads to a.dwarfism b.hyperglycemia c.kernicterus d.muscle twitching
Good luck. Please drop answer in the comment box.