Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has been in existence for over 29 years.andis involved with the provision of free health care services to the under-served population in Nigeria and Africa, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Funded HIV / AIDS prevention, treatment and care programs in Enugu, Imo and Delta States in partnership with CCFN, prevention of public health emergencies in Nigeria (IRPHEN Plus) project (Integrated Response to Public Health Emergencies in Nigeria) and more recently a USAID funded OVC program implemented in Adamawa and Bauchi states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Care and Support Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Candidate must be able to ensure adolescents/adults at different point of care are provided with HTS services (PITC, IT and PNS) which also extends to family members and loved ones.
- Provide the HCWs at the facility level with necessary support and counselling to enable the newly tested positive, come to terms with the diagnosis.
- Provide capacity building and mentoring for health workers on counseling, evaluation and enrollment of clients who test HIV positive.
- Provide follow up for HIV positive clients to ensure baseline investigations and regular chart review for necessary services required.
- Provide trainings and mentoring to supported ART/ PMTCT sites using the Integrated National Guidelines.
- Work with health care workers to provide functional and efficient clinic flow.
- Ensure same day ART initiation for eligible pregnant women and general population.
- Analyze and utilize RADET (Retention Audit and Deterministic Tool) and SIMS (Site Improvement Through Monitoring System) to improve quality of care at facility level.
- Strengthen effective referrals and linkages between supported facilities and priority LGAs in the state.
- Support the implementation of evidence-based interventions for ADYPLHIV (Adolescent and Young People Living with HIV), OTZ (Operation Triple Zero) and GBV (Gender Based Violence).
- Support in HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counseling and testing, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis.
- Ensure proper documentation of all program activities implemented along with timely submission of training and meeting reports.
- Contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and program reports.
- Conduct advocacy visit to key stakeholders to promote program ownership and sustainability..
- Identification and training of Traditional Birth Attendants (TBAs) in the communities on PMTCT
- Support facilities to generate demand for EID (Early Infant Diagnosis)
- follow up to ensure VUC (Virally Unsuppressed Clients) are adequately tracked and follow through on EAC (Enhanced Adherence Counselling) cascade
Qualifications and Skills
- Registered Nurse / Midwife (RN) / (RM), or Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc)
- Candidate must have 2 to 3 years USG PEPFAR HIV care and support program implementation
- Candidate should have strong interpersonal skill and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a team.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use all micro soft packages including excel and PowerPoint
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Job title and Location” as a subject of the email.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: “Pro-Health International is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”